Open Board Position
After tremendous hours and many years the SCAC Chairman has “retired”. Darren was a great asset to our little group and his knowledge and skill set will be missed immensely. THANK YOU DARREN! We wish you good luck on your future ventures! And we hope you will continue to support the Syracuse City Arts in a less stressful roll.
With his departure, this leaves the Art Council Board a voting member short. However – due to our recent success and increase, we are also finding ourselves in need of MORE board members to help – as well as committee members to continue our arts programs … and to help us grow and expand to the demands of our community! We are excited for this expansion!
Please read through the following list and email your letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from YOU! Remember – without volunteers (even our 2 hour ones) our programs can not continue.
Syracuse City Arts Council Board: Without this position filled, the mayors office can boot us goodbye. We would
like more on the board than just 5… Our minimum required by Syracuse City ordinance 3.09.020 mandates we have 5 voting members. The more we helpers we have, the lighter the load for everyone. And the more programs we will be able to develop.
• Meeting once a month
• Love of arts – especially within our community
• Resident of Syracuse
We are in need of committee members and heads of committees. These are positions are open to ALL of our public supporters no matter of the town you call home.
Head Chair Positions and volunteer positions which need filling:
• Orchestra Director & Assistant
• Choir Director & Assistant
• Sponsorship and/or Donations Chairman and Committee members(looking to reform this committee into manageable sections and open to suggestions on how to do this)
• Publicity Chair and members
• Volunteer Chair and members
• Summer Programs (again looking to reform and need help developing)
• Winter Programs (again looking to reform and need help developing)
• Fundraising Chair and Members (again looking to reform and need help developing)
• Web and/or Design (again looking to reform and need help developing)
• Theater Chair and Members (again looking to reform and need help developing)
• Youth Chair and Members (again looking to reform and need help developing)
Please send your letter of interest to email@example.com
As you can see we are VERY understaffed for what we need. Without more help, the Syracuse Arts programs will cease.
Are you sure you cannot squeeze in a bit of time BEFORE next summer’s production??